Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address


Steve Job's speech was very inspirational, and I found many influences on Buddhism in his speech. Although his story is just one story of the millions of stories about college drop outs. I am very sympathetic in believing that knowledge never hurts. I am majoring in accounting, and I am taking this class. Even though, I do not consider myself as an artist. If I was given a block to make a sculpture, I would probably just end doing a smaller block. Just by taking this class, I have more cards in my hands. I can meet new people away from career environment, be exposed to new opportunities, and see more of what life is about.
The biggest blows in life are the beginning of something new.If Steve Jobs was not fired from his company, he will probably be the same guy  before he was fire. He would not be able to found Pixar Animation, Next INC or met his wife. He will not be the same idolized man that the media is trying to make him seem like.
Be like water. Never settle down, there is a lot to see and to be exploited. In Buddhism, there is this concept that we are trapped by this notion of life that blind us from the real picture of life. As Steve Job quoted, "Stay hunger, stay foolish." I think that Jobs is trying to say that we are not destined to one, but to many.

No comments:

Post a Comment