Thursday, May 8, 2014

Sights

The movie was actually interesting, and the message was very clear for me. When is the limit? I mean with technology going out of control, when do we know it is enough? Today, Spencer mentioned before class that the smartphones keep track of our location, and it could be hacked. This is a very big concern for me because in my country, people can kidnap you by just knowing were you go to eat lunch. I personally would not like to live in a world Sights portrays. For me computers are just machines, but we are the decision makers. Computers will not kidnap, steal, or rape, is the people. Still, computers make our task easier and give more power to people, even the bad ones. The movie Sights also portrays that we are missing human skills like dating, get to know people (You cannot know people by reading their facebook profile), and many other things. Having a software that helps you to date might be great to get laid, but you will not really develop or increase your dating skills. You will be mindless following orders, instead of being yourself and grow from the failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment