Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Music

Disco

I was surprise that ABBA was not in the list. I chose ABBA because is one of my mom's favorite. I think that it fits in disco category because believe or not in Mr. Echeverry time they used to dance this. And as he said, disco means danceable music.

Girl Power

  

Many people say that Shakira screw Pique's football career, but I think Pique screw with Shakira's artist career and make her into an entertainer. When I was a young child of God, Shakira was a symbol to any girl that woman can be beautiful and independent. She used her sexuality in a way that women are not seeing as objects. But that was in the old good days, now she signs things like Loca, Waka-Waka, I Don't Remember to Forget You, etc... It is good, do no misunderstand me, but is more to entertain than actually real art work.

Latin World
                                      

Yo solo quiero pegar en la radio, para ganar mi primer millon~~~
I chose Bacilos because is a group that was formed in Miami by people of different countries of Latin America. In my experience living in Panama, this feeling of latino does not really exist until you are outside the region. In my country, if you are a minority you are often categories from where your ancestry comes from. Even son's of Colombia and Costa Ricans that are next door are regarded as outsider, and even though they are part of the community you can feel that there is a wall. Bacilos really breaks the wall, and truly ties together people from that region. 

Nineties 


 

Nirvana really opens the door for rock to become popular music. For me is  transition from traditional rock that took a switch in the 90. It is a stamp of rock of the 90s.  

Techno


I chose Liking Park because I was running out of options. I think they are techno because they use alot of computers generated sounds.



No comments:

Post a Comment